BIG 5 Fünf Zeiten richtig anwenden und sicher auf Englisch kommunizieren
T E S T Y O U R S E L F
(unten Übungen + Lösungen als Download)
Übung zum Buch LEAN on GRAMMAR, Big 5
How to speak good English!
BIG 5 – Welche Zeit sollte in den Lücken stehen? Wähle aus fünf Zeiten aus und
setze das Verb in der jeweils richtigen Grammatik ein:
Simple Present BIG 1
Present Continuous BIG 2
Simple Past BIG 3
Present Perfect BIG 4
Will-Future BIG 5
Manchmal sind zwei Optionen möglich. Je nachdem, wie die Aussage lautet!
1. Last night, my friend and I _____________ (to go) to the cinema.
We __________ (to watch) the new James Bond movie.
2. We ___________ (never, to travel) outside of Europe, that is something
we __________ (to do) next year.
3. Look! Isn`t that Linda _____________ (to cross) the street right now?
4. I think tomorrow I ___________ (to go) to the doctor, because my
stomach ________ (to ache) all day!
5. Where ____________ (you, to be) when I ____________ (to come by)
6. I believe, tomorrow morning the postman __________ (to come)
7. Hi Ian, what _______________ (you, to do) at the moment?
8. It ____________ (never, to be) easy to work full time and raise children.
9. She _____________ (to work) here for a whole year now.
She ___________ (to seem) to like it.
10. Since when _____________ (to have) your dog?
11. She __________ (not, to like) her job anymore, that`s why
she __________ (to quit).
12. What ___________ (dad, to cook) for dinner tonight?
13. Where __________(she, to buy) that bag? It`s gorgeous!
14. When my uncle ____________ (to come) to visit us, we
always ___________ (to have) a lot to talk about.
15. I can see, David ____________ (to feel) really unwell.
He should go home then.
16. We ____________ (already, to ship) the package. __________ (you, to want)
to see the receipt?
17. When I __________ (to be) little, I ________ (to like) marshmallows,
but nowadays I _________ (not, to like) them.
18. When ___________ (the package, to arrive), what _______ (you, to think)?
19. My parents __________ (not, to have) a car, so we ___________ (must)
take the bus a lot.
20. It __________ (to be) so useful to know more than only one grammar
tense in order to express oneself in English!